- 1 How do you paint a mini step by step?
- 2 What kind of paint do you use on miniatures?
- 3 What is a rake paint brush?
- 4 What should I paint first on a miniature?
- 5 Should you wash your miniatures before painting?
- 6 Can I use normal acrylic paint on minis?
- 7 What is the best acrylic paint for models?
- 8 Does it matter what color primer you use?
- 9 How do you paint wargs?
How do you paint a mini step by step?
Painting a miniature involves several steps to achieve results that you will be really pleased with:
- Clean/Prepare the Miniature.
- Remove Flash and Mold Lines.
- Apply Primer.
- Attach to Base.
- Decide on a Color Scheme.
- Apply Wash.
- Drybrush and/or Blend.
What kind of paint do you use on miniatures?
Most people these days use acrylics to paint miniatures. They’re easy to use and easy to clean up (water versus caustic thinners). You can use anything from hobby acrylics (Apple barrel, Dreamcoat, etc. to paints specifically designed for miniature painting (Reaper, Vallejo, P3, Citadel, etc.).
What is a rake paint brush?
Product description. This 3/4 rake paint brush is a multi-line brush designed to paint numerous lines in one stroke. Use for natural textures or cloth textures by cross stroking. Ideal for anyone who paints, including Tole and decorative painters.
What should I paint first on a miniature?
The first step is to prime the model black with a spray can of black paint. You can use grey or white if you want to paint a model with lots of bright colours such as yellow or white, but black is generally the most forgiving as any hard-to-reach areas will always be shadowy.
Should you wash your miniatures before painting?
It’s always a bit of a toss-up, painting minis without washing them first. I often don’t bother, but I’ve had cases where spots of remaining oil from the manufacturing process prevented primer from properly sticking to the surface.
Can I use normal acrylic paint on minis?
Acrylic paints are fast drying and can be thinned with water and acrylic medium to apply very fine layers. Use thin coats to accent surface detail. If you need a hard, lustrous coating for miniatures that will be handled often, use oil/enamel paints.
What is the best acrylic paint for models?
Acrylic Paint Brands
- Vallejo. Comes in several varieties.
- Lifecolor. Great for airbrushing and color selection.
- Tamiya. Alcohol-based: they dry faster and are more dense than other acrylics.
- AK Interactive. They seem to perform great at both airbrushing and hand-painting.
- Mig Ammo.
- Citadel/Games Workshop.
- Acrylic Lacquers.
Does it matter what color primer you use?
Some say the primer color does not matter, and it doesn’t if you put enough coats over it, but that can get costly. Matching primer to the color you want will result in having to apply fewer coats. Primer is a coating that prevents rust and provides a base for the paint you will apply.
How do you paint wargs?
Paint the Warg’s smooth skin areas with a coat of Rhinox Hide. Then dry brush the raised fur areas with Rhinox Hide so the recesses of the fur still show black shading.